Monday 4 April 2011

Vietnam Surprise

I have never eaten Vietnamese food before, but judging by my love for everything Asian at the moment, I decided to give it a go. Yesterday was my last day in London, and now I am back in my mum's house in Oxford for the whole month. So as a leaving 'do' I went to a Vietnamese restaurant behind my apartment, and I cannot believe I hadn't tried Vietnamese earlier! It's amazing. The blends of sour, sweet, salty and savory all balance beautifully, and there is a whack of heat from chilli and ginger which is surprisingly pleasent. I am not usually a chilli lover, but I ate all of our chilli dip that came with the Prawn Rolls, and the chilli oil that came with the Vegetable Spring Rolls. For a main, I ate Crispy Chicken Noodles, which isn't very adventurous, but the combination of chicken, crisp noodles, vegetables and a cracking sauce (I've no idea what it was), was a joy to eat!
 Prawn Rolls in a paper pastry, with lettuce and herbs (mint and coriander)
 Crispy Chicken Noodles, with vegetables
My Aunt had a prawn curry dish that was divine! You can even see the chilli on the top, but the heat was manageable and a pleasure to eat. Please excuse the bad photo quality as these were taken on my Blackberry not my camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment