Thursday 24 March 2011

Banana and Oat Muffins

Today's recipe is from Gordon Ramsey's "Healthy Appetite". I am a big fan of muffins, and baking in general, but of course I am always watching my waistline! So healthy muffins equals a very happy Ellie. These banana and oat muffins can be eaten as a snack, afternoon tea or even breakfast. Enjoy
100g oats
200g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100g brown sugar
4 bananas
1 egg
60ml oil


  1. Preheat the oven to 180C, and lay out your muffin cases. I don't have a muffin tray so I just put the cases on a flat tray. It gives the muffins freedom to move, and so they look more homemade.
  2. Mix the dry ingredients together. I'm lucky enough to own a free standing mixer so I used that.
  3. In a large bowl, mash 4 bananas then stir in 1 egg and the oil
  4. Add this to the dry mixture and fold.
  5. Spoon equal amounts in the cases, then bake for 20 minutes
  6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy with a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment