Wednesday 30 March 2011

Chicken Chow Mein

Today's dinner came from Chinese Food Made Easy. I know this sounds incredibly English of me, taking short cuts to make oriental food, but I have found the book really easy to follow and work from. I have never eaten Chow Mein from a take away (or restaurant) before, but I love chicken and I love noodles so I went for it! My only addition to the recipe would be the shred the chicken to make it go further. This is a super quick, and super yummy meal and fills you up.
75g of wholeweat noodles
a few drops of sesame oil
1/2 chicken breast, chopped
a dash of dark soy
1 tbs cornflour (I used plain)
sunflower spray
75g beansprouts
1 spring oion
1 tbs light soy



  1. Boil the noodles for 3 minutes. Drain, refresh with cold water, and drain again. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss.
  2. Season the chicken with the dark soy, and then lightly coat in flour
  3. Heat the wok, then spray over the sunflower oil. Add the chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes
  4. Add the beansprouts and the spring onion for 1 minutes
  5. Mix in the noodles and light soy for 30 seconds.
  6. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment