Wednesday 23 March 2011

Busaba Eathai: First Visit

I have only had Thai food once, and I absolutely fell in love with it. The blend of sweet/sour/salty/hot is so perfect for palette, and complements my enjoyment of Asian and Oriental food. Despite Japanese being my favourite choice for refreshing foods, Thai is my go-to comfort cuisine. For my birthday, I insisted a visit to a Thai 'restaurant' called Busaba Eathai. I say 'restaurant', but the company likes to think of itself as more of a communal eating experience. Tables are huge square benches. Where couples sit on either sides of a corner, or bigger parties get an entire row/table. You can also eat around the central tables at window benches. I ate at a window bench, with the smell of incense and the floating candles making the overall experience truely relaxing and indulgent.
I had a Jasmine Smoothie, Smoked Chicken Noodles with Chinese Broccoli and a side of tempura prawns. My aunt had the Butternut Squash Curry with Sticky Rice, a side a spring rolls, and a ginger iced tea. I would recommend every single one of these dishes. They a delicately balanced and super yummy! I love the noodle dish so much that I ordered it again on my second visit on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment